March 22, 2012

lately

So today was my second day of class, and it was quite boring! All I did was meet with my studio professor and the other 14 kids in my studio and they told us what we will be doing and everything. Lasted a total of 30 minutes (was supposed to last 2 hours) the class only meets one day a week for 2 hours, this is quite different than my typical American studio which is 3 days a week each day 4 hours. So I’m not sure what exactly to expect with this one but I guess I will find out! Anyway the project is about a Winery, there is an existing building outside of Trier but very near to here, and it’s a very large and well know producer of wine that ships all over the world including the U.S. the building is large and ugly and they want us to redesign the entry and front along with updating the interior to match! So it will be fun! We don’t meet again until the 11th of April when we will be traveling to the site to look the building and get a tour. I’m really scared about what I will end up having to turn in or present, and how I will get to that point, they primarily use AutoCAD which I am very knowledgeable with and comfortable doing, but they don’t use Revit which is our rendering program so I’m scared to try and figure theirs our, because it has taken me 2 years to master Revit!

This morning I also went to the foreign police to get my Residence permit (my student Visa). Getting this officially made me a legal resident of Germany! I got an awesome sticker in my Passport! So now I can stay here until August then I will have to leave for sure. Since I have gotten this done I have finished all the important technical stuff! I finalize my enrollment in classes tomorrow then everything is done!

Well we have been eating a lot of different foods lately! And they have all be wonderful! We do now have a working oven and this weekend we will get a stove, so then we can really cook!!! But we have been eating at the cafĂ© which has had some unique food, and tonight we found a place called Louisiana, which had “American Food” and it was the closest thing to the real deal as we have found! I had a delicious hamburger and fries with a diet coke which even had ice! We never get Ice here and we also got a Full bottle of Ketchup for no extra cost which NEVER happens here! So needless to say we will be going back when we get our food cravings like home! J
 Cafeteria Food, Potatoes and Chicken in some kind of spicy sauce, came with a salad for 2 euros!
 My Delicious hamburger and Fries with coleslaw!!!
 Kenras Chicken and Shrimp with Fries and Garlic Bread
 a Coca-Cola light WITH ICE
Me and My bottle of Ketchup! I was so excited to get a big bottle for dinner!!!! I have missed ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment