March 17, 2012

3.17.12

Well not much has really been going on lately, we have been doing a lot of paperwork and stuff for the school and getting all it figured out. I have a student ID card now so I am officially enrolled here, but I still have to get approved to become a legal resident, and I have a meeting to do that on Thursday. School here is super laid back; we only have classes Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. And we are supposed to start next week but all we know is we have an all college meeting on Monday then on Wednesday we have to go to a presentation where all the different interior architecture professors present their projects to us and we get to decide which one we want to take for the semester. Then after that we will choose our classes and get a schedule, so really classes won’t start till the next week.
 The hospital with the helicopter landing pad!
 Big boat on the river
My student ID card!!! yay!!!!! now i can ride the buses for free!!!!!

We have calculated that we have most likely walked more than 40 miles in the past 3 days and I’m completely serious. The college on the hill is 5 miles away and we have walked there and back 3 times plus walking around everywhere else. I’m going to have some killer legs when I get back from here! But the college is literally on top of a giant Hill and we have to climb all the way up 120 very steep stairs each time. I’m about ready to die when I get to the top. Yesterday we were in a hurry to get there before it closed and of course we were late because the other 2 don’t get up on time….. But we literally had to run up the stairs. Oh man I thought my legs were going to fall off, but I know it’s really good for me! J I am losing weight with all this exercise and healthy food!
 Lizard!!! :) the only other wild life we have seen besides birds!
 Porta Nigra


Last night we went out with our roommate for dinner, she is very nice! Quiet and kind of shy, she is 25, a stick and blond hair. She went to like a community college before and did “Sewing” and now she is in her first year here in Fashion Design. She doesn’t dress too fashiony like I was expecting. She is from Germany but only like 3 miles from Austria. And we told her we wanted to go there and she said sometime she will take us home with her so we can have a free place to stay! Awesome, any way to save money is going to be nice. She is really super nice and I think we will all get along great; the next big question is how it will be with the boy roommate. He isn’t here yet but should be today.  That’s going to be so interesting with 4 girls and 1 boy and 1 bathroom!
 These are the busses we ride everywhere. they are 100 times worse than the ones in DC because they go a heck of a lot faster!
 Best food ever, Bratwurst sauerkraut and fries!

Dessert at the italian place!!

Anyway, we went to this Italian Restaurant (that’s all there is to eat here) and all ate, I had a trio of lasagna, tortellini, and some other hard shell with stuff in it. It was ok, I have had better pasta here so far though. Then we had a salad and dessert was an Italian dish, it was kind of like whipped custard but a lot runnier and not as custardy, hard to explain but it was amazing!!! Then at dinner time every Italian Restaurant gives you a dessert liquor shot. The other night we had a mix of stuff and all I recognized was baileys. Last night was a shot of amaretto. They are ok; it’s just really different how they do it.

I did finally eat my Real German food, and it was the bratwurst with sauerkraut and fries. It was super super SUPER good, just all on the expensive side. This meal was 12 euros and the Italian one that I talked about was 17. Way too much but there is nothing we can do about it because we don’t have an oven, stovetop or kitchen sink. So we really can’t cook yet, but Elizabeth says we will be getting one and internet soon, and even possibly a washer! J Like a clothes washer which would be awesome because right now I’m almost out of cloths and the laundry mat is a long way away to carry a lot of cloths! But it will have to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment