July 24, 2012

Mom and Dad's Arrival


So Kenra and Audrey both left to go on a weeklong trip together. They went to Prague in the Check Republic; Vienna, Austria; and Zurich Switzerland. I had decided not to go with them because of money issues, and since mom and dad were coming soon I chose to save money. But they said they had a blast, and it was all beautiful! I stayed at home that week they were gone and packed and cleaned the flat for mom and dad’s arrival! Both Cordy and Will moved out a week before so we had 2 empty extra rooms and I was literally ALL ALONE for a full week. It was nice at first but then it was awful lonely!!!


I talked to mom and dad on the phone before they left so I knew they had taken off and I knew when they landed in Dallas to catch their long flight to Frankfurt and while that was going on I was trying to sleep. It didn’t really work, I was too nervous about them getting here safely and super excited for them to actually be here!!! Mom informed me by text that their plane had a mechanical issue with the door so they were delayed in Dallas for an extra 3 hours.

I didn’t have a choice on when I had to leave to go to the airport to meet them. Trier is 3.5 hours away by train. So I had to be on my first train at 4 am to head that way. I changed trains a few times and made it to Frankfurt airport about 8:30 am and with mom and dads delayed time they wouldn’t land until Noon. Thankfully I brought a book and then wandered around the entire airport looking and eating J drank lots of Red bull so I was wide awake, plus I was so excited I could barely sit still.





It took them another 45 minutes to get through customs and get their baggage but finally they came out of their gate and I got to see them!!! J They were stiff sore and tired after the long and boring flight. Dad complained a ton about how uncomfortable and cramped it was and it’s true. We were able to catch a train back to Trier and it was so crowded. Part of the time we had to stand and sit way apart. And they could barely keep their eyes open. But we made it back Trier late that afternoon.

We setteled into the flat, I made up Cordy’s old room for them and we were able to unpack then repack for the next 6 days. We had to live out of a backpack for 6 days while we traveled to Rome, Munich, and London then would come back to Trier at the end to relax. That first night I took them to our favorite little Italian Restaurant and we had some good pasta.




It was interesting for me trying to help them read the menu and understand what the different stuff was. Then even more interesting telling them the things they could and couldn’t get that was different than back home. We were stuffed and they were exhausted, but I made them go on a little walk to the river and look all around before heading back and getting ready for bed. We had to be up at 3 am that night to catch our bus to Rome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment