April 29, 2012

Lately in Trier.....



Well I am doing a lot in school and stuff besides actually traveling all over Europe! J The past week was really busy with school stuff, I couldn’t believe it! I am taking that art class which we ended up having again this past week every evening for 5 hours. And it went from a nude drawing class to a weird abstract fashion design class. We had to design an outfit then build it out of sticks and tape so that we can actually wear it and it can stand on its own. Eventually we have to paper Mache on top of it…. I do not like it; I’m an architect not a fashion designer!!! So needless to say mine is terrible lol but oh well!
Me modeling my outfit, well part of it! it is really dumb! lol and I hated it!

We had our last Photography meeting where we turned in our project and no I am finished with that class. I know I passed so YAY! We had to take pictures to fit our theme on an analog camera and then we spent 15 hours and one LATE night (5am) in the dark room developing our film and pictures. I had not ever done anything like this before and I loved it! Had a blast and got to learn a ton!

Studio project is now going and will be moving fast, but it is super easy. We were given a winery that’s located about half an hour from here and we have to redesign the façade of the building, or the entry way and the front to make it more interesting because it is super boring! This class is a sophomore level class and I am a second year Graduate level student, so it’s going to be fairly easy for me. But that’s ok! I can handle that while I’m in Europe! J
 The front entry way of the winery we are going to re design

Then I have 2 other classes, the one I’m a making a portfolio in and that’s really easy (especially since I already have one) and the other is my German language class. Which is going…. Okay…. I’m terrible but I really feel like I’m actually learning something!! Which is great! So school is going good. We don’t have class on Tuesday this week because it is May Day. In Germany this is a huge Holiday, everyone has off of school and all the shops and places are closed! So this week we only have class on Thursday! J

The town is busier than ever, with the Robe of Jesus that is in the Church here and is only revealed to the public a few times a century.  It’s supposed to be the robe that Jesus was wearing before he was on the cross, all the locals think it’s just a hoax, but over a million people have traveled from all over in the past 2 weeks to come see it, including the Pope. So there have been tons of tourists and people everywhere!

The Apartment is great still, Cordy and us get along so great and we love her. Will on the other hand has been a mess. I haven’t talked about him much so I will tell you a bit about him, he is very interesting….. He is a Fashion design major and is gay. He is very tall and the girlest person I have ever met in my life. Worse than any other Girl I have ever known. At first we all got along fine. He is just super obnoxious and dramatic, he told us all kinds of stories that none of us believe because they are so farfetched. Supposedly he won this huge design competition and has now been given a job for Calvin Klein in New York City and plans to move there with his Fiancé once he gets done with school. Cordy told us that none of that is true, he didn’t win the competition, he got a runner up award. But I guess he really is engaged to a guy who lives in Zurich, Switzerland.  While we were gone to Italy he decided to use Audrey’s razor to shave… and he is completely bald and has no facial hair. So Audrey was furious and upset. She changed the blade and it happened again a few days later, soooo she got into it with him and now none of us get along with him. We all just kind of ignore each other.  Which is completely fine with us. We spend a lot of time with Cordy and we like it that way!
 Audrey and I, she is in love with Milkshakes :)
 Kenra and I :)
Kristin and Audrey!

Cordy has been taking us to her to work out at the swimming pool where she goes and works. It has been nice. We do laps and aerobatics, plus we have gone to a few classes as well. The place is super nice; it has a spa, 4 swimming pools, huge slide, tanning beds, sauna, and lots more. I plan on treating myself to a day in the Sauna when the girls are gone sometime! Plus I have really been eating a lot healthier! I eat a lot of salads and fruit. I barley actually eat meat, and I have only had red meat like 3 times this whole trip. If i get meat its about once a week and is either Chicken or Lamb. But i have found a candy bar that I love here and its killing me :) Coconut and chocolate! Dalton would love it too!
 The slide at the pool! it is a blast! :)
One of my delicious salads! :) thanks to Cordy who taught me how to make a good and healthy salad dressing using vinegar, olive oil, and herbs. 


The girls are both leaving for a week or so at the end of May, first of June. Kenra is going home to be in her best friend’s wedding and Audrey’s best friend is coming to Europe for 2 weeks to travel so Audrey is going to spend a week with her. So I will be all alone in Trier for a week, it would be a good time for someone to come visit me! J Around May 30th J

I love it here and I am having a great time, It has almost been 2 months and I still have 3 to go, I cant believe it, I feel like I have been here forever!!!! I am ready to come home! But I am excited about all the trips we have planned for the next 3 months! Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, and Vienna, Austria. Then hopefully a day trip to Luxembourg City. The Girls are going to take a 2 week trip to Prague, Austria, and Switzerland also, but I think I will be scrapping the bottom of the money bucket by then for sure, plus If mom and dad come to visit I will be traveling with them!

It has been rainy here for the past week and is supposed to keep raining for the next week or more but at least it has been warmer. Yesterday was a rare and Beautiful day! It was almost 80 degrees and clear! All of us international students that have been hanging out a lot decided to go to the park in Petirsburg just outside of town for a BBQ. We have friends from everywhere, Mexico, Greece, Columbia, Poland, Hungary, Spain, Russia, and Germany of course. We bought a couple of the “grills” they sell at the store here for 2 euros, they have the case and charcoal all in it ready to go we just have to light it. And we all grilled and ate food. We watched some boys attempt to play American football, they weren’t very good at all, then we played some volleyball and sat around all afternoon, it was so great!
 The view of Petrisburg and the east side of Trier
 The whole gang getting ready to grill
The tower of Luxembourg, a crazy abstract thing...
Grilling!!! :)

I have made some great friends and the friends that I came with from K-State have become even better friends!  I am having a blast! But I miss everyone at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment